CONTACT INFO

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My first real update of this blog.

In my initial entry, I reported that Aunt Tillie’s daughter had made a reconciliatory gesture to her cousin Ron Hunkeler via an online bulletin board. It’s looking as though she was either unsuccessful in reaching him or, if she did, might have been rebuffed.

In checking the daughter’s Facebook page there is no one with the last name of Hunkeler listed on her “Friends” page. I find that this is also the case in checking other family members pages – no Hunkelers found.

There ARE Hunkelers on Facebook, though. Not Ronnie, but his son and his son’s ex-wife. I found a listing for someone I presume to be Ronnie’s grandson (the son, the son’s ex-wife and the grandson are all linked via Facebook friends). I’m pretty sure that this is a correct assumption because this young man does kind of resemble Ronnie as he looked in his younger days.

Kind of sad, really, when you think about it. If I found all these folks as easy as I did, they could find each other as well. Leads me to wonder if there’s still tension that extends all the way back to 1949. Got to hand it to Tillie’s daughter, though – at least she made an effort to put right whatever she deems to be wrong. Can’t successfully work things out if only one side is making the effort.

It wasn’t important to me at the time, but when I was hot and heavy into all the Hunkeler research I never really came up with the name of Ronnie’s ex-wife. Nowadays, though, it fairly jumped out at me as I was doing other things.

She and Ronnie divorced in 1986. This was probably after nearly 30 years of marriage, I would say. The woman whose name I came up with fits comfortably into the right age bracket. I’ve got her connected at some point with Ronnie’s son’s name, so with this fact, the age thing and because she kept her married name, this has got to be the same lady.

I’d really love to hear her story about living with Ronnie, but she’s probably not all that enthused about discussing it. Guess I couldn’t blame her. I continue to wonder, though, how long it was before she knew anything significant about Ronnie’s past – or if she ever did.

As for “Suzy”, Ronnie’s post-divorce girlfriend, I’ve found someone on Facebook under “Suzy’s” real name. I can’t be sure that this is the same woman, but since the last name is not all that common, I’m thinking that this could be the lady. If it is, she completely extricated herself from Maryland and started a business elsewhere. I haven’t decided if I want to contact this lady or not.

Curious to see where (if anywhere) this will take me next.

1 comment:

  1. the photograph of wpb looks the photograph alleging what reh might look like today.

    ReplyDelete